The Institute of Statistical Science at Academia Sinica invites applications for 1 or more Research Assistants for one-year (renewable annually), beginning at earliest February 15, 2019, under the supervision of Dr. Frederick Kin Hing Phoa.
The applicant will be involved in one or more research projects conducted by Dr. Phoa, and these research projects include but not limited to the following topics:
(1) Develop/Appply advanced techniques to analyze experimental data from agricultural, industrial and financial sectors/companies.
(2) Develop/Appply nature-inspired metaheuristic methods to tackle optimization problems in real-life applications.
(3) Analyze large-scale network data (social networks, sensor networks, traffic networks, neural networks, etc) and apply the results in the development in automated systems (recommendation, stragety, etc.)
(4) Develop new and efficient plans for modern experiments in clincial trials, fMRI, online survey, business strategy, and many others.
(5) Collaborate with researchers in different fields and practitioners in industry.
(1) A completion of M.S. program or a current Ph.D. student in statistics, mathematics, information science or a related discipline;
(2) Knowledge in experimental designs, industrial statistics, network analysis, big data analytics are particularly welcome, but not mandatory;
(3) Adequate programming skills in R and/or Matlab;
(4) Adequate oral and written communication skills;
(5) Independent, well-organized, self-motivated in assigned research works.
How to Apply:
Applications, including a current curriculum vitae (a publication list if exist), a brief description on career plan and a pdf of M.S. thesis, must be received electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (use "RA Application 2019" as the subject line). Review of applications will start now and continue until successful candidates are identified.
The salary grade follows the pay rate provided by Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of Taiwan. It may be adjusted to the standard rate of Academia Sinica for those with good performance. The starting salary will be above TWD 40,000 per month. Labor Insurance and National Health Insurance are covered.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Frederick Kin Hing Phoa
Further information about the researches of Dr. Phoa is referred to: