The Institute of Statistical Science at Academia Sinica invites applications for 1 or more Postdoctoral Fellows for one-year (renewable annually), beginning at earliest February 15, 2019, under the supervision of Dr. Frederick Kin Hing Phoa.
The applicant will be involved in one or more research projects conducted by Dr. Phoa, and these research projects include but not limited to the following topics:
(1) Theory, Construction and Optimization of Designs in Physical, Biological and Computer Experiments
(2) Variable/Model Selection, Clustering/Classification Methods
(3) Nature-Inspired Metaheuristic Optimization Methods via Algorithms with Parallel Computing Architecture
(4) Statistical Analysis of Network/Correlated Data (Social Networks, Sensor Networks, Neural Networks)
(5) Big Data Analytics and Automated Statistical Analysis
The applicant who has his/her own research plan in above or related areas is also welcome.
(1) Ph.D. in statistics, mathematics, information science, computer science or a related discipline;
(2) Research experience/background in experimental designs, industrial statistics, network analysis or big data anlaytics are particularly welcome, but not mandatory;
(3) Strong theoretical background and strong programming skills, including R, Matlab or Python;
(4) Proficiency in statistical computing;
(5) Strong oral and written communication skills;
(6) Independent, well-organized, self-motivated, and interested in theoretical and methodological researches.
How to Apply:
Applications, including a current curriculum vitae (a publication list if exist), and a pdf of Ph.D. thesis/dissertation (or any sample manuscripts), must be received electronically via email to email@example.com (use "Post-Doctoral Research Application 2019" as the subject line). Review of applications will start now and continue until successful candidates are identified.
The salary grade follows the pay rate provided by Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of Taiwan. It may be adjusted to the standard rate of Academia Sinica for those with good performance. Labor Insurance and National Health Insurance are covered.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Frederick Kin Hing Phoa
Further information about the researches of Dr. Phoa is referred to: