陳 素 雲
Ph.D. in Statistics (1990), Purdue University ,
Advisor: William J. Studden.
Thesis: Density Estimation by Spline Projection Kernels.
M.S. in Mathematics(1985),
B.S. in Mathematics(1983), National Taiwan University,
2004-present Research Fellow, Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica.
1997-2004 Associate Research Fellow, Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica.
1993-1997 Assistant Research Fellow, Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica.
1990-1993 Assistant Professor, Department
of Mathematics, Wayne State University,
˙Nonparametric function estimation, wavelet methods, spline smoothing.
˙Bayesian and empirical Bayesian inference, Bayesian computation.
˙Statistical applications on epidemic studies.
˙Statistical applications on educational and psychological fields.
Academic and Administrative Services
˙Statistica Sinica managing editor (08/2002-present).
˙Colloquium chair (07/2000-12/2000).
˙Academic councilor, Chinese Statistical Association (01/2000-12/2001).
˙Local committee for the 2002 Taipei International Statistical Symposium and Bernoulli Society EAPR Conference.
˙Library commissioner (07/1997-06/1998).
˙Journal reviews: Bulletin, Institute of Mathematics, Academia Sinica; Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods; Computational Statistics; J. American Statistical Association; J. Chinese Statistical Association; J. Data Science; J. Multivariate Analysis; J. National Taiwan Normal University; J. Nonparametric Statistics; J. Statistical Planning and Inference; Proceedings, National Science Council, A: Physical Science and Engineering; Soochow J. Mathematics; Southeast Asian Bulletin of Mathematics; Statistica Sinica; Statistics and Decisions; Statistics and Probability Letters.
˙Grant proposal and research award review for National Science Council of ROC and grant proposal review for Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.
˙PhD thesis review for Istituto per Applicazioni della Matematica, CNR (National Research Council), Italy.
˙Recruiting committee (07/1996-06/1997, 07/1998-06/2000).
˙Deputy director (08/1999-07/2000).
˙Executive committee (07/1996-06/1998, 07/2001-present).
˙Campus environment committee (01/2000-present).
˙National Science Council research award, 1995-2001.
˙National Science Council research grants,1995-present.
Selected invited talks
˙Workshop on Splines and its Applications. Institute of Mathematics, Academia Sinica, April 16-17, 1999. Title: Smoothing splines for Statistical model.
˙Workshop on Wavelets and Multiresolution Analysis. City University of Hong Kong, Nov. 29-Dec. 3, 1999. Title: Bayesian wavelet shrinkage.
˙Bernoulli Society EAPRC 2001 International Conference and Workshop on Recent Developments in Statistics and Its Applications. Kualar Lumpur, Malaysia, June 26-28, 2001. Title: Wavelet shrinkage estimation via asymptotic BLUP.
1. Huang, S.Y. (1992) Averaged shifted spline projection kernel estimator: an effective bias reducing nonparametric density estimator. Technical report, Department of Mathematics, Wayne State University, U.S.A. Abstract in Inst. Math. Bulletin, 21, p.52.
2. Huang, S.Y. and Studden, W.J.(1993). Density estimation using spline projection kernels. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 22, 3263-3285.
3. Huang, S.Y. and Studden, W.J. (1993). An equivalent kernel method for least square spline regression. Statistics and Decisions, 3, 179-201.
4. Huang, S.Y.(1995). Empirical Bayes testing procedures in some nonexponentials families using asymmetric Linex loss function. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 46, 293-309.
5. Huang, S.Y.(1993). On the consistency of hierarchical Bayes estimators. Statistics and Decisions, 14, 295-305.
6. Huang, S.Y.(1997) Wavelet based empirical Bayes estimation for the uniform distribution. Statistics and Probability Letters, 32,141-146.
7. Huang, S.Y. and Liang, T. (1997). Empirical Bayes estimations of the truncation parameter with Linex loss. Statistica Sinica,7,755-769.
8. Huang, S.Y. (1999). Density estimation by wavelet-based reproducing kernels. Statistica Sinica, 9, 137-151.
9. Chow, Y. and Huang, S.Y. (1999), "A characterization of the uniform distribution via moments of n-fold convolution modulo one" , Sankhya A, 61, 148-151.
10. Huang, I.-C. and Huang, S. Y. (1999), "Bernoulli numbers and polynomials via residues" . J. Number Theory, 76, 178-193.
11. Huang, S.Y. and Lu, H.S. (2000). Bayesian wavelet shrinkage for nonparametric mixed-effects models. Statistica Sinica, 10, 1021-1040.
12. Huang, S.Y. and Lu, H.S. (2001). Extended Gauss-Markov theorem for nonparametric mixed-effects models. J. Multivariate Analysis, 76, 249-266.
13. Huang, S.Y. (2002). On a Bayesian aspect for soft wavelet shrinkage estimation under an asymmetric linex loss. Statistics and Probability Letters, 56, 171-175.
14. Huang, S.Y. and Bai, Z.D. (2002). Wavelets, Advanced. Encyclopedia of Physical Science & Technology, 3rd ed., vol. 17, 753-771, Academic Press.
15. Lu, H.S., Huang, S.Y. and Lin, F.J. (2003). Generalized cross-validation for wavelet shrinkage in nonparametric mixed-effects models. J. Computational and Graphical Statistics, 12, 714-730.
16. Huang, S.Y., Hsiao, C.K. and Chang, C.W. (2003). Optimal volume-corrected Laplace-Metropolis method. Ann. Inst. Statist. Math., 55, 655-670.
17. Hsiao, C.K., Huang, S.Y. and Chang, C.W. (2004). Bayesian marginal inference via candidate's formula. Statistics and Computing, 14, 59-66.
18. Lin, M.H., Huang, S.Y. and Chang, Y.C. (2004). Kernel-based discriminant techniques for educational placement. J. Educational & Behavioral Statistics, 29, 219-240.
19. Lee, Y.J., Lo, H.Y. and Huang, S.Y. Incremental reduced support vector machines. Manuscript.
20. Huang, S.Y. and Lee, Y.J. Equivalence relations between support vector machines, sparse approximation and Bayesian regularization. Manuscript.
21. Lee, Y.J. and Huang, S.Y. Reduced Support Vector Machines: A Statistical Theory.
22. Huang, S.Y., Hwang, C. R. and Lin, M.H. Kernel Fisher’s Discriminant Analysis in Gaussian Reproducing Kernel Hilbert Space.
23. Huang, S. Y., Lee, M. H. and Hsiao, C. K. Kernel Canonical Correlation Analysis and its Applications to Nonlinear Measures of Association and Test of Independence.
Last Update: 2007-04-18 3:58 PM